Naturally glowing skin isn’t outside of your reach. In fact, all you need are the right skin care products to boost your complexion and improve your skin’s health. The challenge is to figure out which products are the right ones. We’ll let you in on the secret: the best skin care products use plant-based ingredients that are packed with vitamins.
Which vitamins does your skin need?
Everyone’s skin is unique, which means that everyone has their own concerns about their skin’s health. For instance, you might have dry or rough skin or you might suffer from a dull complexion. You’ll want to choose the vitamins in your skin care products based upon your skin’s needs. Below is a quick breakdown of which vitamins provide which benefits to your complexion.
- Vitamin A supports healthy skin cell production, making it a wonderful ingredient in skin care products that are targeted at fighting the signs of aging. Additionally, vitamin A helps keep the skin firm by stimulating fibroblasts.
- B complex vitamins keep the skin from looking dull in a variety of ways. For instance, vitamin B12 keeps your skin tone even by preventing hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin C can, over time, help renew collagen production, which makes the skin firmer and more supple — and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, vitamin C can brighten the complexion.
- Vitamin D facilitates the function of keratinocytes, which provide the new cells that replenish those lost on the surface of the skin. Without vitamin D, skin can become thinner, drier, and more wrinkled.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant, meaning that it prevents the oxidation process. Oxidation occurs when a chemical reaction creates free radicals, which cause damage to the skin’s cells resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. As such, vitamin E is fantastic at creating a youthful glow.
- Vitamin F makes skin supple and creates a more youthful appearance by supporting the growth of skin cells.
- Vitamin K assists in the processing of blood clots. This means that it can help the skin heal after a wound and can assist in reducing the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
Match your plant-based skin care products to your skin’s needs
When buying your next plant-based skin care product, take a look at the label and match the ingredients to your skin’s needs. Below are just some of the ingredients you’ll find in Genuine Glow’s natural skin care products (you can check out the rest of our 85+ plant-based ingredients here).
- Aloe Vera: Vitamins A, C, and E
- Apricot Kernel: Vitamins A, C, and E
- Avocado: Vitamins A, D, and E
- Baobab: Vitamins A, E, and F
- Black Cumin Seed: Vitamins B1, B2, and B3
- Carrot Seed: Vitamins A and E
- Cocoa Butter: Vitamin E
- Dulse Seaweed: Vitamin C
- Elder Flower: Vitamins A, B, and C
- Evening Primrose: Vitamin C
- Grape Seed: Vitamin E
- Grapefruit: Vitamin C
- Irish Moss Seaweed: Vitamins A, E, F, and K
- Jojoba: Vitamins A, E, F, and K
- Kelp Seaweed: Vitamins B1, B2 and B12
- Kukui Nut: Vitamins A, C, and E
- Lemon: Vitamin C
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com.