When you put something on your skin, your skin absorbs 60% of it within 26 seconds. How amazing is that? In less than the time it takes to read this paragraph, your skin can absorb a long list of vitamins and nutrients resulting in a glowing, healthy complexion. That is, if you give it the opportunity. Today’s skin care industry is saturated with products making very large claims about what they can do for your skin’s health, and the best way to weed through the messaging that marketing teams are targeting you with is to read labels. Why? Because when all is said and done, the ingredients that you’re putting on your skin is all that really matters. If you want the best ingredients for your skin, natural skin care products are simply the way to go.
What, Exactly, Are Natural Skin Care Products?
The term “natural” is one that has been morphed a bit by marketing campaigns, so the answer to this question may change depending on who you ask. At Genuine Glow, “natural” means that our skin care products are made from plant-based ingredients. But we take things a step further by ensuring that they are also:
- Fair trade
- Gluten free
- Paraben free
Why is it Important to Use Natural Products?
Simply put, using natural products is important because it’s healthy and good for your skin. Think about your diet. When you eat clean foods and pay attention to the vitamins and nutrients that your body is getting, you feel stronger and more energized and have an overall higher level of wellbeing. The same principle applies to your skin. As the largest organ in your body, your skin needs the same vitamins and nutrients that are inherent in a well-balanced, healthy diet — and natural skin care products can provide them.
Another great reason to use natural skin care products is that they can actually target specific skin care concerns that you may have. For instance, Genuine Glow’s products are all formulated with plant-based ingredients that have specific properties. For example:
- Apple cider vinegar stimulates circulation due to its high content of alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Blue chamomile can soothe irritated skin to reduce redness and discomfort due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helichrysum calms the skin, assisting with cellular growth and regeneration. As a result, it can help in reducing the appearance of scars.
- Pomegranate, which is the most powerful antioxidant fruit, helps reduce the production of harmful free radicals that can cause skin damage.
- Sugar exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and maintaining your skin’s healthy and glowing complexion.
- Witch hazel, which is a natural astringent, assists in the reduction of swelling and helps repair broken skin.
If you’ve never used natural skin care products before, they might seem overwhelming. But fear not! The Genuine Glow team is here to answer any questions you may have and help you pick the perfect products for your skin’s needs. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’d love to chat!